Prepare For Your Sail
Below are some helpful and even essential things to consider as you prepare to sail with us.
– Plan to arrive about 30 minutes prior to departure. We start boarding 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. We do not want to leave without you.
– You are welcome to bring food and drink on board with you. Beer and wine are permitted not hard liquor. We have a carry-on, carry-off policy.
– It is almost always cooler on the water than it is on shore so bring an extra layer with you.
– Wear flat-sole, non-slippery shoes with heel straps (e.g. no high heels or flip-flops).
– We sail rain or shine so if there’s a chance for rain, bring a rain jacket or poncho.
– There is plenty of seating around the deck, all of which is hard wood. Bring a stadium cushion, or similar, for a softer seat if you prefer.
– Use the restroom facility prior to boarding the vessel. We have a traditional marine toilet (the ship’s head) on board which requires the use of a ladder to access. We limit the use of the ship’s head to emergencies only.
– There is no smoking allowed on board.
– There is no age limit to sail aboard the Schooner AJ Meerwald. Children must be accompanied by an adult unless participating in a youth program.
– The ship is wheelchair accessible in some ports of call. Call to let us know of any special needs and discuss how we can accommodate them.
Contact the Shipboard Program Coordinator (856-785-2060 ext. 107) with any questions that you may have about sailing with us.
We look forward to having you on board.