Join us as a volunteer!
Love cooking and learning new recipes? How about sharing your foodie experiences? Maybe you’d like to learn how to clean a soft shell crab, or bread an oyster? Make a pumpkin pie starting from a recently harvested pumpkin. Or share a recipe. Join us in the Oyster Cracker Café. Here you can polish up your waitress/waiter skills, greet customers, chat with guests, cook, bake, and of course share fun and banter while washing dishes. Maybe you’re shy with the public. Join us on our prep days. Enjoy the satisfaction of being part of a team. Many hands make short work-and FUN!
The Oyster Cracker Café has many opening for volunteers including:
• Open up-share the feeling of proprietorship while getting ready for visitors!
• Join our prep days
• Bake a dessert from local seasonal ingredients
• Clean a soft shell crab
• Shuck an oyster
• Bread an oyster
• Learn the secrets behind our signature oyster chowder or our sweet potato fries
• Polish up those waiter/waitress skills
• Chat with guests
• Enjoy the satisfaction of leaving a clean kitchen-many hands make short work and FUN!
Training is usually accomplished “on the job” and we start out with as little or as much as you feel comfortable with, but we are planning other training sessions, as well. The Oyster Cracker Café is a new and growing item here at BCB. Get on board and help us grow!